Wednesday 17 April 2013

Moving on...

Monday, 15th April & Tuesday, 16th April - Rest Days
I had no real choice but to take a couple of rest days due to the blistering. Rest of body was feeling good with just a little DOMS on my upper quads/hip flexors.

Wednesday, 17th April - 9.4km MP Run
After buying a couple of pairs of 1,000 mile socks yesterday evening I threw them on today for my first run since Sunday. Kept it to the local park and once I knew my feet were fine I threw in a few miles at MP just to see how the body would react. The answer was pretty good. The quads were still a little tight but not bad enough to prevent MP pace. Strong Southerly wind out there as well so happy enough with 8.5km at an average pace of 4:33/km. The HR averaged out at 151bpm which was about right. 

So, good to be back and I'm out of my post-Rotterdam funk. I now have an 8-week plan in place with it culminating in Portumna on June 15th. Let's hope it's sufficient to bring the marathon pace down to below 4:30/km!

Week 16 Summary (so far):
RTW: 1 from 3 days
DTW: 9.4km
DTY: 1254.0km

No comments:

Post a Comment