Sunday 24 November 2013

Gigs and easy running

Monday, 18th November, 2013 - Rest Day
My legs were suffering from a dose of DOMS after the flying mile in Stook so I took this evening off as I was also still tired from a Queens of the Stone Age gig in the O2 last night.

Tuesday, 19th November, 2013 - 7.4km Recovery Run (5:35/km)
In what is another hectic week I managed to throw in a short recovery run before once again heading off to another gig – this time it was Pixies in the Olympia. Excellent gig and the run wasn’t too bad either!
Wednesday, 20th November, 2013 - Rest Day
Weather was horrendously cold and windy tonight and even though I was otherwise busy this evening I probably could have squeezed in a quick 8km but the spirit was weak and decided against it. Feeling pretty conscious of all these rest days appearing unintentionally in my schedule and with only 2.5 weeks to Lanzarote it looks like my LSR this weekend will be the last improvement run before the big day. Will it be enough to give sub 3:20 a shot? Hmmm, I’ll have to wait and find out!

Thursday, 21st November, 2013 - 11.9km Easy/MP Run (4:49/km)
Very cold again tonight so rather than running cold for the duration I decided to run the first couple of kms at a fast pace to get the blood moving. After 3km @ 4:40/km I decided I needed to ease back with a pacing gig on Saturday so the rest of the run was more Easy pace than MP. Felt really refreshed for the first few kms which probably explains why I was going faster than intended.

Friday, 22nd November, 2013 - 7.4km Recovery Run (5:22/km)
I managed to get out early this evening for this run. Just an easy effort with the pacing job tomorrow in mind.

Week 46 Summary (so far):
RTW: 3 from 5 days
DTW: 26.7 km
DTY: 3,547.7 km

No comments:

Post a Comment