Wednesday 2 April 2014

Debut at Griffeen Parkrun & an LSR!

Friday, 28th March 2014 – 31.0km LSR (5:25/km)
After last nights MP tempo session I was suitably tired leading into this evening’s LSR. I was out the door by 4:30pm. I changed my route as I was starting off and detoured to the local park for a few laps. This went so well that I decided to remain in the park until it closed at 6pm at which point I was getting cold with a dropping temperature and not enough layers.
The last 11km were getting tough and the HR shows this clearly!
I passed by my apt after 18km so I popped in very briefly for a change of clothes and back out for the remainder of my run. By 20km I was really beginning to feel the effort on the body. Last night’s MP run was taking affect. I managed to plod around the remaining 11km in a similar mindset as the end of a marathon with the main idea to get to the end!

By the time I finished up I had ran 31km so about a mile short of my target 20 miles but not too bothered about that. Hopefully this will prove a valuable training run as I was pretty wrecked after it. Hopefully if there is to be pain there’ll be at least some gain!

Saturday, 29th March 2014 – 5.3km Griffeen Parkrun (5:24/km)
Towards the end of last nights LSR I was getting some niggles around my knees and when I turned up for the Parkrun this morning the inside of my right knee was still sore. This was enough to put me off racing so instead I paced Roisin to a very respectable 5k marker for the summer ahead. As it turns out this was a nice gentle pace for me to avoid doing any more hurt to the knee. I had intended on tacking on another 10-15km today but knocked that on the head due to the knee.

Sunday, 30th March 2014 – Rest Day
Even though the knee seemed to have improved with the easy day yesterday I was still a bit fatigued from running and a night out last night so all-in-all I decided it might be a good idea to take a rare Rest Day – the first in almost two weeks. Still felt guilty all day once I made the decision though!

Week 10 Summary:
RTW: 6 from 7 days
DTW: 85.8km
DTY: 1,235.7km

No comments:

Post a Comment