Tuesday 9 December 2014

Back to reality

Monday, 1st December 2014 – 8.0km Tempo: 30 mins @ 4:40/km
Tempo night. This evening it was a 30 min @ 4:40 session. Even though I have ramped up fairly quickly to half an hour I still found this to be slightly tough but in the main quite manageable. A couple of splits were a few seconds slow due to incline and drop in concentration. When reviewing my data I was surprised to see the HR was lower than last Thursday’s session. I took this to be a good thing until I viewed a much faster tempo session from back in March where the HR was much lower again. Just more proof that I’m quite a bit off where I want to be! Overall, a good quality session.

Tuesday, 2nd December 2014 – 7.4km Easy (5:30/km)
Easy local run.

Wednesday, 3rd December 2014 – 5.4km Raheny F4L 2 Mile Race (13:23)
Back to Raheny for the Winter League. I missed the first event last week but back for this two mile race. Went out a bit handier than two weeks ago so I found it more comfortable and didn’t really start suffering until about 700m to go. Went through halfway in 6:37 so all things considered 13:23 wasn’t too bad. Slowly getting there. Hope to be comfortably sub 13mins by the time the next 2 miler comes around in the new year (21st Jan).

Thursday, 4th December 2014 – Rest day
Opted for a rest day to recover from last night’s effort.

Friday, 5th December 2014 – 7.4km Recovery (6:06/km)
Gentle recovery run. Felt a bit tired even with the gentle pace!

Saturday, 6th December 2014 – 10.6km Poppintree Parkrun (21:52)
After Ormeau last week I was hoping to be around 21:30 for this run. That was never really going to be likely though and given that I was still feeling the effects of all the fast running recently it was no surprise to me that I struggled the whole way today. Only 50 runners turned up today so I was on my own for 90% of the run. Pure time trial in the end. I was considering just jogging home after 4km but I persevered and very surprisingly came away with a time 16 secs faster than last week, so I was happy enough with that.

Interestingly, the course has totally changed from last time I ran here which, in my eyes, makes it much faster.

Sunday, 7th December 2014 – 4.5km Easy (6:00/km)
Very windy out for this run so as I was tired/hungover/old (!) just did 4.5km and retreated back indoors!

Week 48 Summary:
RTW: 5 from 7 days
DTW: 40.1km
DTY: 2,416.8km

No comments:

Post a Comment