Monday 8 December 2014

Tour d'Ireland

Thursday, 20th November 2014 – Rest Day
Travelled down to Limerick this evening after work as I had a mate’s wedding to attend the following day. No run today as a result.

Friday, 21st November 2014 – 8.4km Intervals: 7 x 600m @ 4:10/km
Managed to get out for an interval session this morning before the wedding. I parked in Tesco at Coonagh Cross and ran along the Condell Road and back. I settled on 3 intervals out and 4 on the way back. Initial plan was 4:15 pace but the first one ended up at 4:10 pace instead and I hung onto that for the remainder. Happy with the session and was fairly tired but not wrecked afterwards.

Saturday, 22nd November 2014 – Rest Day
Sunday, 23rd November 2014 – Rest Day
With the wedding on the Friday and a similarly boozy day on the Saturday I opted for two rest days.

Week 46 Summary:
RTW: 4 from 7 days
DTW: 26.4km
DTY: 2,376.7km


Monday, 24th November 2014 – 7.0km Easy (5:57/km)
By now we were in the midst of a 10 day tour of Ireland so before departing Limerick we managed an easy 7km run on much the same route as my run the previous Friday.

Tuesday, 25th November 2014 – 7.5km Intervals: 6 x 500m @ 5:00/km
In Killarney for this one and I paced Roisin to an interval session. It worked out a a reasonable run for myself at the same time.

Wednesday, 26th November 2014 – Rest Day
Drove from Kerry to Mayo today and decided to rest again.

Thursday, 27th November 2014 – 6.6km Tempo: 25mins @ 4:36/km
Down to the local soccer pitch and laps on the tarmac trap. Did this as a tempo session and managed to maintain 4:36/km for 25 mins. Decent but lots more to be done!

Friday, 28th November 2014 – 7.0km Easy (5:51/km)
Just an easy one in Tyrone. Quite country roads but lots of tricky hills!

Saturday, 29th November 2014 – 12.0km Ormeau Parkrun (22:09)
Drove to Belfast yesterday so we decided to run the Ormeau Parkrun this morning. We ran to the event (took longer than expected) just in time for the race start. 

The course is a pretty flat two-lap course with just a couple of slight drags to make you work. I took the start fairly easy until about 300m into the race, at which point I was up to full speed. The effort felt quite consistent, so given that we were out for dinner and drinks the previous night I was nevertheless quite content with my finishing time of 22:09 – a 2014 H2 PB. This left me with a bit of confidence that given a proper night’s sleep before next week’s Poppintree parkrun I should be aiming for 21:30 or thereabouts.

The run home was also longer than expected (we chose a different route) so by the time we returned to the hotel we’d racked up 12km. 

Sunday, 30th November 2014 – Rest Day
The end to our 10 days of travel and it was late evening when I got home so treated myself to a rest day. Good job as I was exhausted!

Week 47 Summary:
RTW: 5 from 7 days
DTW: 40.1km
DTY: 2,416.8km

No comments:

Post a Comment