Tuesday 21 July 2015

10 weeks to go...

Monday, July 6th: 11.0km Tempo 6km @ 4:25/km
Due to the upcoming Mullingar 10 miler on Sunday we needed to get our tempo session in a bit earlier this week. Perhaps not a great idea given my run on Friday was followed by a parkrun on Saturday meaning that this was going to make it three hard days out of four. Needs must, though!

We returned to the square route (mathematical pun there somewhere!) from last week and my plan was to do a continuous route for at least 5km @ 5:25/km. Thankfully the breeze was not as strong as last week so things were a bit easier on that front. The first 4km went very well and this particular route seems to make the kms fly by. At the start of the fifth kilometre I lapped Roisin (who was on an interim recovery lap) and was now in the home straight, so to speak. Halfway through this lap though I decided to tag on an extra kilometre as I was still feeling good. So, after 6km and 26:30 I was able to ease off. Bang on the 4:25/km average pace to boot, so a very successful session.

Tuesday, July 7th: 15.0km MLR (5:34/km)
Called into the PP for this run on my way home from work. In my plan I had it down as a weekly 18km run but felt I'd be better off cutting it to 15km in advance of Mullingar. The run itself was a real trudge from the first step and it never got to be comfortable. A real exercise in winning the mental battle and getting to the finish. Felt my lower back/glutes on the right hand side a little but nothing serious.

Wednesday, July 8th: Rest Day
All the effort since Friday is beginning to catch up and I was feeling quite tired this evening so I called in a Rest Day. No harm and probably the sensible option. All easy running now until Sunday!

Thursday, July 9th: 8.4km Easy (5:23/km)
Just a very easy run around the neighbourhood. Still a little tired.

Friday, July 10th: 12.5km Easy (5:25/km)
The old 'figure of 8' loop. Things were a bit freer this evening.

Saturday, July 11th: 9.6km Poppintree Parkrun (21:52)
Ran to and from Poppintree for this. Took it very handy for the first few km before hitting 10 mile pace around the middle and then legging it for the final km. Happy with how i ran it as I wanted to get just a little faster stuff in advance of tomorrow. Still felt somewhat tired that evening though. Perhaps I shouldn't have done any faster stuff today?

Happy with a PB today. Race report to follow.

Week Summary:
RTW: 6 from 7 days
DTW: 74.3km
DTY: 1,639.9km

No comments:

Post a Comment