Thursday 27 August 2015

Castlebar Greenway

Monday, August 3rd: 15.2km Recovery (6:14/km)
Still in Mayo so ran the Turlough House to Castlebar Greenway. Very pleasant experience and the route is very good. Kept it nice and gentle in light of Saturday.

Tuesday, August 4th: Rest Day
Still feeling a bit tired after Saturday’s run so took a rest day.

Refreshed after the rest day it was time for my weekly Tempo run. 8 laps of the circuit led to 6.6km in total. Happy enough with this.

Myself and R weere both off work today so it allowed for a long run. However we were both feeling a bit fatigued so we opted to split the day into two runs instead. Morning run was a bit tougher than the evening run. Wise choice in the end.

Friday, August 7th: 9.7km Easy (5:42/km)
Easy run around the local park.

Kept this LSR as more a MLR seeing as I’d already done 22km on Thursday. Decided to incorporate a parkrun also and raced it but was quite a bit off my pb. Daft kind of run really as it was early in my session and I was never gonna PB but just wanted a blow-out really. Funny thing was that halfway through I eases right back as I knew the PB was definitely not on as the pace was slowing. Ended up it was more a lack of GPS signal than pace and if I had kept racing I would have been only a few seconds off. Ah well!

Sunday, August 9th: 9.6km Recovery (5:59/km)
An easy recovery to see the week out. 

Week Summary:
RTW: 7 from 7 days
DTW: 89.3km
DTY: 1,886.6km

No comments:

Post a Comment