Friday 4 September 2015

Ticking along...

Monday, August 10th: 10.9km Easy (5:28/km)
Joined Roisin for her Tempo session this evening which consisted of a 2km jog followed by a 2.5km (3 laps) tempo @ 5:15/km, a 830m recovery lap and then 3.3km (4 laps) @ 5:15/km before jogging home.

Went down to the club for the first time in ages to see what they were doing. Turned out the session was totally wrong for me (in my eyes at least) with too many reps of too quick a pace. Would be great for 5km training but not so good for where I am in my training. Perhaps if I had progressed up through the reps week-by-week but aftert this evening I decided to continue do my own thing training plan-wise.

Wednesday, August 12th: 15.3km MLR (5:42/km)
Needed add a few midweek kms so ran an out and back course towards Barrystown (Kilbarrack) for this. Nothing much more exciting than that.

Thursday, August 13th: 11.0km Tempo – 9 laps (4:20/km)
Tempo run this evening and after the past couple of days I was a little tired on the jog down/warm-up. Managed to just about get through the session. Must be smarter about easy/hard day allocation if future!

Friday, August 14th: Rest Day
Was going to go out for a short recovery run but then other stuff got in the way so by the time I could have gone out I decided to leave it as I was running long in the morning anyway.

Saturday, August 15th: 31.2km LSR including Hartstown Parkrun 22:11 (15.4km @ 5:06/km, 10.8km @ 5:36/km)
I ran from the house via Ballymun, Finglas and Ashtown before hitting the canal tow path before continuing on to Hartstown for their parkrun. Took the run across fairly steady paced so was beginning to feel it a bit on arrival.

As it was I was a couple of mins late and as I ran through the park I could see the field starting on their way across the pitches. About 2 mins had passed when I crossed the start line so I was picking off lots of others during the first half of the race. This slowed down a bit in the second half but I still managed to finish in 15th position of 65 and in a watch time of 22:11.

Afterwards I ran with Stephen (home on holidays from Philadelphia) to the Phoenix Park to see out my run at 31.2km. I was well happy to have been finished as I was getting extremely hungry over the last 5km…I guess that’s what happens when having only one protein bar before setting out!

Sunday, August 16th: 15.9km MLR (6:25/km)
Myself and R were down in Powerscourt for a couple of nights for her birthday so we had a 16km run to complete on the Sunday. Still tired from the previous day’s run we kept to the grounds of the Hotel including their riverside walk which was very pleasant indeed. Well, apart from the quite severe hill in the middle of it all!

A nice run to round out the week! If I’d realised I was so close I would probably have fitted another 2.5km in to bring it up to 100km!

Week Summary:
RTW: 6 from 7 days
DTW: 97.5km
DTY: 1,984.1km

No comments:

Post a Comment