Sunday 2 June 2013

Keeping it 'Easy'!

Monday 27th May 2013 – 11.8km Easy Run (5:10/km)
Another 'run of the mill' easy run on the regular figure of 8 route. Began to wane in the last few kms due to effects of the race yesterday.

Tuesday 28th May 2013 – 15.6km Easy Run (5:11/km)
Lovely weather for being outside at long last! A little bit tired after Mondays run but nothing too bad. Today I woke before 6am and for some bizarre reason decided to get up and make the most of the nice morning by going for almost 10 miles! Very enjoyable and was surprised to see the roads evolve from being empty at the start to traffic queues by the end! Think I really should try and get out for more of these types of morning runs. 

Wednesday 29th May 2013 – 10.1km incl. 1x2 Miles + 1x1 Mile @ 4:05/km
On the way home from work the car thermostat registered 20 degrees for the first time this year. Happy days although my plan for this evening was not exactly conducive to hot weather.

The aim for this run was the 3rd McMillan session of 2x2 miles followed by 2x1 miles @ 4:02/km. Kept to my local park for this but a number of things conspired against me this evening including the high temperatures, the strong breeze and all the people walking their dogs and kids in the park, all topped off with the few inclines that you really feel when running near max effort! All this meant that by the end of the first 2 mile split I was just about in touch with the target pace (4:05/km) but halfway through the second 2 mile split I was done. The clammy conditions and tired legs led to me quitting with a 4:08/km paced mile. I knew things were already on the downward slope and that it simply wasn't going to happen tonight. On the jog home I reckoned that the fast running from last week and then the big effort in Enniscorthy were probably still in my system. I will give this session another try in a weeks time to see if I fare any better.

Thursday 30th May 2013 – 11.8km Easy Run (4:55/km)
Another very warm and sunny evening. Legs were a bit dead after yesterday but still managed to maintain sub 5:00/km pace.

Friday 31st May 2013 – 20.0km Easy MLR (5:19/km)
Called to the Park after work for a Medium Long run. Parked up beside the Papal Cross and ran towards Ashtown and onto the banks of the Royal Canal. Turned at Castleknock rail station (Path changes from tarred to trail here) and went Eastwards to Phibsbrough before once again turning and returned to the car for a 20km run. Pace was kept at very easy which was a good thing as not sure I had the energy to go much faster!

Saturday 1st June 2013 – 16.0km Easy MLR (5:07/km) 
Met my Brother for a MLR in the Park this morning. Similar type route as yesterday but with pace a little quicker. Cooler this morning and I seemed to have a little more energy than the past few warm days. Didn't push it too hard though with one eye on pacing 1:40 in Cork HM on Monday.

Week 21 Summary (so far):
RTW: 6 from 6 days
DTW: 85.3km
DTY: 1,790.5km

No comments:

Post a Comment