Tuesday 30 June 2015

16 Weeks to Berlin...

Monday, June 8th: 7.4km Steady (4:56/km)
Fell into a swift pace on this one and just decided to go with it.

Tuesday, June 9th: 9.7km Recovery (5:55/km)
Myself and Roisin went down onto the Coast Road for a Tempo session for her. Worked out as an easy run for myself though.Nothing much else to report.

Wednesday, June 10th: 13.0km Steady (4:57/km)
I kind of fell into running this one faster than intended but it felt good so I just went with it. A good decent midweek run. A little tired afterwards.

Thursday, June 11th: 9.5km Steady (4:58/km)
Ran this at lunchtime with a workmate (Colm). I panned on just a very easy run but somehow managed to get caught up in a run with a similar pace as yesterday. This left me panned in the evening and so I gave the local 800m race in CH a miss.

Friday, June 12th: 5.0km Recovery (5:33/km)
After two days of pretty fast steady runs I was too tired this afternoon to contemplate a long run. Instead just postponed it til tomorrow and did a very easy 5km recovery.

Big run of the week. Felt much more energetic after yesterday’s recovery. So, pretty confident heading into this one and the weather was perfect for it. Both myself and Roisin were due to be out for about 2hrs 10min for our runs but we were not expecting to see each other en route. Target was 5:45/km for the slower stuff but I was hitting 5:30 or faster and just couldn’t slow down! Completed one large loop of the park and then it was soon time for the faster stuff. First km was a bit difficult to hold pace at 4:45/km but once I was about ten mins into it I got the hang of things. Ended up doing 6 faster kms @ an average pace of 4:40/km. Very happy with this run and feeling confident in general.

Sunday, June 14th: 5.2km Recovery (6:20/km)
Very slow and easy 5km. Not fit for any more!

Looking back on the runs this week there were definitely too many faster miles! Need more self- discipline to keep the hard days hard, and the easy days easy!

Week Summary:
RTW: 7 from 7 days
DTW: 74.2km
DTY: 1,269.4km

No comments:

Post a Comment