Tuesday 31 December 2013

...and a Happy New Year!

Friday, 27th December 2013 - 9.0km Marathon Tempo Pace (4:39/km)
After the race yesterday and several hours in the pub afterwards (although I was good and home by 11pm!!) I was surprised to find my pace on this run being so brisk. I'm thinking it's a result of all my running being quite a bit faster due to the new plan that I find it less fearsome to run at Marathon Tempo pace even when I don't need to. I'm sure in a few weeks time I'll be crying out for a 5min+ pace but for the time being it's pretty nice to be able to go for an 'easy' run at this pace!

Saturday, 28th December 2013 - 16.0km Distance (5:12/km)
Met up with my mate Kieran for this run. He's not a runner but is pretty fit from playing football continuously. He struggled over the early mile or two but settled into it afterwards. Thankfully he managed to stay out for 16km which was his second longest run ever (only ever ran longer on a similar run with myself about 18 months ago!). He is someone who was always much faster and fitter than me when we were younger but it's gratifying to see how much the roles have reversed these days. The regular conversation now is over what distance would he beat me these days and I've managed to whittle down his estimations to 800m-1,500m range. To be honest I'd be pretty confident even down to 400m although the kick he managed to hand out to me with 100m to go means that he'll always have the sprint distances! An enjoyable run.

Sunday, 29th December 2013 - Rest Day
I got a bit lazy today and failed to get myself out the door. A combination of a slightly sore throat, driving to Dublin and then a night out combined to consign this run to the bin. Anything I would have done would be extra bonus territory anyways so a rest day is probably just as advantageous considering the upped pace and a solid 6 days under my belt already.


Week 51 Summary:
RTW: 6 from 7 days
DTW: 67.4 km
DTY: 3,809.9 km

No comments:

Post a Comment