Monday 11 February 2013

Skiing, sloth and salvation (Part 2)

Monday night toboggoning.
Tue 29th Jan – 20.6km MSR Run
Took Monday off to simply enjoy the skiing and a few apres ski beers before a session of toboggonning which was great craic! Next morning I had a little lie-in but rather than going up the mountain I decided on a another run to Galtur. I briefly thought about going further but by the time the halfway point arived I was happy to head for home instead. I ran in the mountain runners today but I think the road runners are more suited to the terrain. By the time I’d returned to Ischgl the weather had taken a turn and visibility on the mountain was so poor that I had little option but to stay grounded for the day!

Fri 1st Feb – 15.0km MSR Run
I stayed on the mountain Wednesday and Thursday again as the snow was pretty good and afterall that was the reason I was here! By Friday morning though it was time for another run. My resove was all the easier when I saw the mountain was partly covered with cloud. I was out running by just after 8am and managed 15km before getting back to the lodgings in time for brekkie before it closed. Unfortunately the weather failed to pick up much and even though I was on the mountain by 11am there wasn’t much pleasure in skiing blind! An unfortunate end to the holiday but very enjoyable nonetheless!

Of course, once I returned home I fell into a lazy stupor where I went a week without running! General lethargy combined with bad weather and a trip to the Aviva on Wed night were to blame. 

Week 5 Summary:
RTW: 2(!) from 7 days
DTW: 35.6km
DTY: 376.5km

No comments:

Post a Comment