Monday 25 March 2013

A Cunning Plan...

Tuesday, 19th March – 11.8km Easy Run (5:15/km)
Went out this evening for an easy run to give the legs a chance to catch up. Pretty decent evening for running, although I did have 4 layers! Nothing much else to report, legs remained good but got a little tired from 8km til home. Nothing major though.
Wednesday, 20th March – 11.8km Recovery Run (5:36/km)
Took it a bit easier this evening to ensure proper recovery. Legs still pretty good.

Thursday, 21st March – 11.8km with 8.7km @ MP (4:33/km)
Threw in some MP miles for this run. Everything still good. Getting windy out there.

Friday, 22nd March – 14.5km Recovery Run (5:19/km)
Took the big loop around Coolock for this and the pace was steady after the MP from last night. Pretty crappy weather so good run all things considered.

Saturday, 23rd March – 14.0km Easy Run (5:24/km)
I’d planned to do my LSR with a gang comprising Celbridge and St. Coca’s runners in Kilcock this morning but the effects of watching the Ireland-Sweden game on Fri night in the pub was still in my system so dodged the group run and went to the Phoenix Park on my own instead. Only managed 14km in the end before bailing. Just no energy, no problems with legs themselves.

Sunday, 24th March - 23.0km LSR#1 (5:13/km)
My deferred LSR from yesterday had to take place this morning. It was a very windy day so I devised a cunning plan! I ran to Phibsboro and went West along the Royal Canal which meant I had the wind on my back for the most part. To offset that advantage however there were long stretches of grassy and muddy paths which on a few occasions I was having to slow right down to avoid slipping on into the canal! By the time I reached Leixlip (23km) I only had to wait a couple of mins for my Arrow train back into the wind towards the City.

Sunday, 24th March - 9.0km LSR#2 (5:14/km)
20mins later I exited the train at Drumcondra, suitably upwind of Santry. I then managed another 9km of meandering through the streets of Glasnevin before eventually getting home.

Up until the middle of the week I had planned on doing the Wicklow Way Trail race but having seen the conditions get worse I made the prudent decision to give it a miss so as to avoid any chance of injury this close to Rotterdam. After reading some of the reports I’m glad I did – sounded pure miserable out there!

So a very good week overall with 112km in the bag. Most plans call for taper from now on but I believe a 2-week taper suits me better so one final LSR next week of probably 18 miles or thereabouts. Not long to go now!

Week 12 Summary:
RTW:   7 from 7 days
DTW:   112.2 km
DTY:    1,050.8 km



No comments:

Post a Comment