Friday 15 March 2013

Prelude to Tralee

Thursday, 14th March – 11.8km Recovery Run (5:29/km)
Went for my last run before Saturday’s marathon on a cool, dry evening. I was over-clothed though so the weather must be getting a bit warmer less cold! Took it nice and easy and whenever I noticed myself moving a bit too quickly I made sure to put on the brakes immediately.


Friday, 15th March – Rest Day Heading for Kerry immediately after work so no running for me today. Suppose tomorrow should make up for that though!

So, the final(!) plan is to run to 10km or thereabouts @ 3h45m pace, change-up to 3h30m pace for the next 20km or so before putting in a big effort for the final 12km at 3h15m pace…if I’m able for it!! Not that I’m looking for a time but if that goes according to plan it should average out at 3h30m finishing time which I’d be more than happy with and it'd be nice to reel in the pacers on the final stretch! Anything resulting in the 3:3x’s and it’ll be a good day’s work!


Week 11 Summary (so far):
RTW:   4 from 5 days
DTW:   49.4 km
DTY:    889.2 km

No comments:

Post a Comment