Sunday 3 March 2013

More of the same

Thursday, 28th February – 11.8km Easy Run
I was home early from work which allowed me to get out a bit earlier for this run. I was surprisingly refreshed after last night's tough session and even managed to complete the run before darkness fully descended and with the onset of March this really felt like the dark Winter has been put behind us at last.


Friday, 1st March – 11.8km Easy Run
Pretty run-of-the-mill session on my new favourite route. Briefly flirted with the idea of throwing in a few strides to shake things up but decided to stick to easy pace instead. Nothing much to report really.


Saturday, 2nd March – 8.5km Easy Run
Went out for a last easy run before the race with nothing more in mind than stretching the legs. Planned on another 11.8km loop but changed the schedule mid-run and took a short-cut home because I was feeling a little bit tired and thought why push the extra 3km as they were unlikely to get me any extra rewards tomorrow.

Towards the end of this run I noticed a crazy woman drive out from a side road oblivious to a guy cycling. The guy did a quick shimmy to avoid collision but the woman still never spotted him at all! As she drove past me I pointed at her and then the cyclist but guess what: she never saw me either! Lucky I was on the footpath and well out of dangers way! A quick reminder to tray and remain vigilant when out running.


Week 9 Summary (so far):
RTW:   6 from 6 days
DTW:   73.0km
DTY:    722.6 km

No comments:

Post a Comment