Friday 4 January 2013

And we're off...!

My big goal for 2012 was to beat the sub 3:30hr marathon time and having narrowly failed in the Cork City marathon in June I had to wait for my back-up marathon in Valencia in November before I managed to nail it, but that I did in a time of 3:26:37 which I was delighted with. The remainder of the year kinda fizzled out (apart from pacing 4:15hrs in the Clonakilty marathon on December 8th).

So, with a new year comes new targets. My first main aim is to go sub 3:15hrs in Rotterdam on April 14th. My main goal for the second half of the year will be to run the Chicago Marathon where I will be aiming for sub 3:10hrs. Both these goals though are stepping stones hopefully to a go at a sub 3hr marathon in 2014 - A time I never dreamed would be possible just over a year ago when my PB refused to budge below 4:20hrs.