Wednesday 23 January 2013

Analysis – LT Interval

So, last night was my third LT intervals night and that threw up a chance at comparing sessions to see how I’m coming along.
I’m getting better at hitting the correct range but the usual lag at the beginning of each rep means that the average HR is a couple of beats lower than target (155bpm). Still though, I think I’m close enough with 153bpm that it makes very little difference. The interesting thing to note is that my Av PaceLT has come down by 9secs in the past week, even though I threw in an extra rep last night. This is encouraging as I’m still quite a bit off 4:20/km pace which is where I aim to be for LT pace before moving to 158bpm target HRLT.

Finally, my recovery in between reps has slowed down by 15secs/km to 5:45/km pace as the shorter 400m recovery distances replaced the 500m distance from last week. Shorter distance means slower running in order to get correct recovery effect. Of course, it may be possible that I shouldn’t recover all the way down to 140bpm in between reps…but that’s a question for another day! 



Ideally, the blue line (Av bpmLT) in the graph should be hitting 155bpm and the red line (Av PaceLT) should be hitting 4:20. Hopefully this starts to happen over the next couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment