Wednesday 28 August 2013

Better than expected LT session

Monday, 25th August, 2013 – Rest Day
I got home from work this evening but felt really tired after spending too long in the pub yesterday celebrating the win! Somehow managed to get through work but I was good for nothing by evening time. I'll try and regain an extra easy run later in the week.

Tuesday, 26th August, 2013 – 13.2km LT Run (8km @ 4:20/km)
I still felt tired after work but knew that I had to get a session done this evening regardless. The plan called for 2 x 15min LT segments in a 13km run. I used the first km to loosen out and didn't actually feel too bad once I got going. Started into the first LT segment and decided to do 3km rather than 15 mins. This went pretty well. I used the recovery period to cross a couple of junctions and after 0.86km I started the next LT segment. However, due to crappy footpaths, busy roads and undulating terrain I was too easily distracted and ended up doing a 4:08 km which was 12 secs too fast. I felt like I was putting too much effort into it also so decided to ease back at the end of that km, let the lactic acid wash away and restart on a quieter, more suitable road. Thankfully this worked and I threw another 3kms around Artane and Kilmore but parts of these were into a Northerly breeze and this slowed the av pace. Still though, I was happy that the effort was at the required level. Then, halfway home I decided to throw in one final km to round it off at 8km in total for a good end to a session I nearly backed out of. Definitely a positive run, although I did feel a tweak in my left glute which needs watching.
LT summary for the year.

Wednesday, 27th August, 2013 – 8.0km Recovery Run (5:19/km)
Another slow recovery run in store this evening but even as I took my first steps the tweaked glute was causing me to limp-run for the first 500m. Slowly it began too loosen out and by halfway things appeared much better. I ended up adding on a little extra towards the end as I finished feeling looser and the evening was perfect for a run. Hope the tweak doesn't return to affect tomorrows MLR with MP session...

In other news, I recently bought a new HRM from Garmin. It failed to pair with my 310xt though so when I emailed Garmin.com for advice they ended up sending me out another new HRM and said I could keep the first one. After some more issues with the new HRM I eventually managed to get it paired and it worked fine for this evening's run. Afterwards I checked out the original HRM and hey presto - it too works! Happy days!

Week 35 Summary (so far):
RTW: 2 from 3 days
DTW: 21.2km
DTY: 2,743.2km
New, functioning HRM monitors: 2
Chicago - 46 days (6wks, 4days)

No comments:

Post a Comment