Wednesday 14 August 2013

Damn you reality!

Monday, 12th August, 2013 – 7.4km Recovery Run (5:22/km)
Knackered from the cycle I just wanted to get out and get the legs moving. As it turned out after the first km they improved better than expected. Still quite a trudge but could feel them getting fresher by the time I was done.

Tuesday, 13th August, 2013 – 11.5km Easy Run (4:55/km)
After a slow first kilometre the remainder of the run was in the 4:50-5:00 range. Probably not quite as comfortable as I'd like but put in a little extra effort to ensure the pace stayed consistent.

Wednesday, 14th August, 2013 – 12.6km Easy Run with 7km @ MP (4:34/km)
I wasn't really up for this tonight from the first steps of this run. Everything seemed off probably as a result of going a little too fast last night for my easy run, the high humidity this evening and having a sandwich only 30 mins before the run. No doubt there was still some tiredness from the mammoth cycle too. 

Plan was 5km easy before 9km @ MP and 4km easy to finish things off. I managed the 5km easy but wasn't too hopeful starting into the MP kms. Somehow managed to get the first km in 4:28/km. Kept it going for 7km but the average pace was slipping so I decided to be sensible and finish it there. Jogged back to the car from there and when I changed my top at the car I realised just how humid it was as the t-shirt was saturated. I know these runs will come easier to me soon but just have to continue to eke it out yet...

Week 33 Summary (so far):
RTW: 3 from 3 days
DTW: 31.5km
DTY: 2,578.1km
Chicago - 60 days (8wks, 4days)

No comments:

Post a Comment