Friday 2 August 2013

Gently does it...

Monday, 29th July - 7.3km Recovery Run.
Start of the week and back into the rhythm for the training. As with every good training plan I eased myself gently into things with a recovery run. Still stiff after the race.


Tuesday, 30th July - 10.0km Easy Run (4:59/km).
I was in the Phoenix Park for this and initially the idea was to run a few kms at HM pace. However when I started into it my pace seemed to be a struggle and the HRM was all over the place so after a couple of kms I eased back. Another thing that was bothering me was my quads were a bit sore still from Saturday's race. Gave them a good stretching during and after the run and seemed to do some good.


I had a late morning with work so managed to squeeze in a recovery run beforehand. Quite stiff at the start but eased out a bit by the finish.
Then after work went for a second run of the day. Felling quite a bit fresher now so after the first km I threw in a few at MP to see how it feels. Managed 6.5km but was getting tired after that so eased back to easy running. This performance though has made me decide to knock the HM on Moonday on the head as I'd never get anywhere near a good time. Managed to pass my number onto a work colleague instead and so I can now put in fewer miles at LT/HM/MP pace over the weekend depending on how I feel. Hopefully I'll be feeling back to normal next week!


Thursday, 1st August - 6.4km Recovery Run (5:29/km).
Another gentle recovery run. Not really feeling up to much else.

So, July is over and the main highlight was the 24hr race in Belfast. I knew I'd be tired after it (obviously!) but probably underestimated how much. Hopefully with the beginning of a new month and the focus on Chicago I can manage to kick on now, two weeks after the 100 miler.

Week 31 Summary (so far): 
RTW: 5 from 4 days
DTW: 41.5km
DTY: 2504.2km

No comments:

Post a Comment