Wednesday 7 August 2013

What a performance...but nothing to do with running!

Friday, 2nd August - Rest Day.
Feeling a little tired today and just as lazy so decided to take a rest day.

Saturday, 3rd August - 7.3km Easy Run (4:51/km).
My old soccer team were short on players today so I helped them out by playing about 70mins at left back. First game in a year. I am probably the best part of 10lbs lighter than my last game so it took a while before I managed to stand my ground in tackles. I wasn't too quick on the turn (never was!) but as the others were fading in the second half I was still grand. A mixture of my fitness and the fact I was playing LB I suppose.

A few hours later I felt a bit guilty about not running yesterday or today so I ventured out for an easy run. Felt surprisingly good so kept the average pace around the 4:50/km rate. I can feel myself getting the life back in my legs at last!

Sunday, 4th August - Rest Day.
I'd planned to go for a recovery run this morning but just before I left the apartment I got a call from a friend who was in Town for only a few hours so had to call off the run. Would have gone later instead had it not been for the Mayo v Donegal match and in fairness there was no way I couldn't go out and party after that Mayo show!! Nothing won yet but I'd more than settle for two more performances like that!
So I appear to be getting back to some sort of decent training at last. Hopefully I still have enough time left to get a good run in Chicago in what is now less than 10 weeks time!

Week 31 Summary: 
RTW: 6 from 7 days
DTW: 48.8km
DTY: 2511.5km
Chicago - 67 days (9wks, 4days)

No comments:

Post a Comment