Friday 9 August 2013

Optimism returns

Monday, 5th August - Rest Day.
This was a day for a hangover if ever there was. God knows what I'll do if we win the bloody thing!!

Tuesday, 6th August - 11.0km with 8.0km @ MP (4:40/km).
Decided I'd run the first 1km warm up and then decide how this was going to go from there. Thankfully the legs were feeling good and so I decided to push for a few MP kms. I did 6.5km of MP last week so I was happy to push it out to 8km this evening. Things are beginning to get easier now for sure so the optimism is returning!

Wednesday, 7th August - 7.3km Easy Run (4:51/km).
Another easy run remarkably similar to last Saturday. Probably put in a bit too much effort for the second half of the run but I was feeling good and it felt natural to push a bit extra (I was maintaining pace while going uphill).

Thursday, 8th August - 5.0km Recovery Run (5:34/km).
Have a race night in Leopardstown this evening with work crew so had to get up early and get this recovery run in before work. Took it nice and handy after a couple of faster days and back in the apartment before I knew it!

Feeling kinda guilty now about the low mileage appearing but as long as the quality is there then I won't get too bothered about the quantity yet! I have been thinking recently that perhaps I was tagging on a few too many slow kms at the end of recovery runs rather than hitting enough sub 5min easy runs and faster...

Week 32 Summary (So far): 
RTW: 3 from 4 days
DTW: 23.3km
DTY: 2534.8km
Chicago - 66 days (9wks, 3days)

No comments:

Post a Comment